|Application:||Rock Climbing Gymnasium|
|Building Square Footage:||9,300|
|System Style & Quantity:||One Indoor Heating & Cooling Johnson Air-Rotation HVAC System.|
- A Rock Climbing Gym wanted to heat and cool their entire 9,300 sq. ft. space to a desired temperature of 68-70o.
- The owner did not want a large system in the space that would take away from the aesthetic of their gym.
- The number of “rocks” in the space was important to the owner, and the gym wanted to limit the amount of space that the system would take up.
- Johnson Air-Rotation HVAC System provided the rock climbing gym with one indoor heating & cooling, 20 ton capacity Air-Rotation System.
- Architects worked with Johnson’s engineering team to design a system that would be in the middle of the gym, but be hidden within one of the gym’s “rocks.”
- Not only was the system hidden from customers resulting in the space being aesthetically pleasing, but it allowed more rock-climbing space for customers.
- Air return vents are at the bottom of the “rock” structure with the air blowing out through vents at the top of the structure, allowing the “rock” to span the entire height of the space.