|Application:||School Gymnasium & Recreation Center|
|Location:||Basking Ridge, NJ|
|Building Square Footage:||20,000|
|System Style & Quantity:||One Indoor Johnson Air-Rotation HVAC System|
- Low Sound Levels – Due to the fact that the conditioned space is a gymnasium, it is also used for
assemblies, graduations and other sound-sensitive occasions. Therefore, a primary design goal was
to minimize the sound emitted from the air-rotation system.
- Limited Space –The customer preferred all equipment be located in a nearby mechanical room
instead of within the conditioned space. Despite the 31’ height of the Air Rotation Unit, there was
a 16’ mezzanine within the mechanical room to design around.
- Precise Performance – Due to this application, it is imperative that the proposed HVAC system
provide maximum indoor air quality and tight temperatures and humidity levels within the space
at all times, whether occupied or not. If any of these aspects are neglected, occupants will be at
increased risk of dehydration, muscle cramps, sickness, and other general discomfort.
- Low Sound Levels – By fitting the Air-Rotation Unit with premium fans, multiple silencers, and
enhanced casing, the unit outputs very little sound on site. The fact that the unit is fully enclosed in
a separate mechanical room helps to provide additional sound attenuation.
- Limited Space – To save space, the smallest possible footprint was used. To accommodate the
multi-level construction of the mechanical room, the section splits of the Air Rotation Units were
matched up to the natural floor breaks within the space. This resulted in “ground level” service
to all major internal components (such as supply fans, filters and panels) that would be accessed
during routine maintenance.
- Precise Performance – This unit conditions high volumes of fresh air, and includes multiple stages
of filtration. For maximum control of temperature and humidity, this unit has an built-in reheat
cycle and airflow measuring capabilities to ensure overall building performance and conditions.