|Application:||Medicinal / Recreational Agriculture|
|Building Square Footage:||90,000|
|System Style & Quantity:||1200 tons of cooling|
|Savings:||Estimated HVAC Equipment/Installation Cost Savings: $500,000|
- A cost effective HVAC solution was needed to convert an existing warehouse into a Colorado medical/ recreational grow facility.
- Cooling provisions to handle 3,500 (1000w) grow lamps, 3.5 megawatts of lighting energy.
- Humidity control throughout facility for optimal growing conditions.
- Existing warehouse could not handle additional roof loading for equipment.
- 12,000 MBH of heat gain in the space.
- Johnson Air-Rotation HVAC Systems provided a ductless, grade-mounted, retrofit solution that was much more cost effective and significantly more energy efficient than conventional systems. Johnson provided a “performance guarantee” to maintain building conditions (temp + RH) to within a few degrees and % RH from desired set point(s).
- Johnson’s solution included 1,200 tons of cooling.
- Electric re-heat included for humidity control.
- The system included provisions for 20% outside air via mixing box.
- Significant system cost reduction – eliminated all ductwork and structural provisions.
- 350 HP removed from the airside motor requirements – tremendous operational savings.
- Extremely even temperature and humidity profile throughout the entire space.
- Additionally the customer received a system with a product life of 2 to 3 times that of the conventional HVAC system alternative.