|Building Square Footage:||25,000||System Style & Quantity:||Single Air-Rotation System|
- Stratification – Stratification was a great concern to the project engineers and owner. Many of the attractions in the space, such as climbing towers, stretched close to the ceiling.
- Maintenance – The owner was concerned with maintenance requirements for 10 packaged rooftop units.
- Budget – The initial rooftop units required a great deal of ductwork and structural steel, both costly additions to the total build. The project was vastly over budget once the mechanical scope numbers were tallied.
- Stratification – The Air-Rotation system effectively destratifies the entire space, providing even temperature and humidity throughout the entire volume.
- Maintenance – A single 120 ton Johnson Air-Rotation HVAC System serves the 25,000 sq. ft. space, consolidating all of the electrical / gas connections, associated with the initial rooftop plan, to one point. This greatly reduces maintenance efforts required by the owner.
- Budget – The grade mounted and ductless system allowed the engineers to eliminate all additional structural steel and distribution ductwork from the project. Johnson’s system slashed the total mechanical cost over 45%. The system controls were also greatly simplified to a single point controller, further reducing the cost.